*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Japan - Kansai (PDF Chapter)
If you had to choose only one region of Japan to explore, Kansai would be an easy choice. It’s the heart of Japan – there is nowhere else in the country you can find so much of historical and cultural interest in such a compact area.
- gaze in awe at Japan’s largest Buddha at Tōdai-ji, Nara’s great temple
- feast your eyes on the colourful human parade in photogenic Dōtombori
- feel the power radiating from Ise-jingū, Japan’s most sacred Shintō shrine
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Osaka, Kōbe, Himeji, Nara & Around, Kii Peninsula, Kōya-san, Ise-Shima, Shiga Prefecture, Ōtsu, Hikone, Nagahama, Miyama-chō, Kinosaki Onsen and Tango Peninsula.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.