Japan - Hiroshima & Western Honshu (PDF Chapter)
Travellers to Western Honshū will find a tale of two coastlines. San-yō boasts the bigger cities and the indelibly scarred Hiroshima. On the other side of the mountain range, San-in is all about an unhurried pace, onsen villages and historic sites.
- reflect on a tragic past in cosmopolitan Hiroshima
- marvel at nature meeting contemporary art on Naoshima
- photograph the floating shrine and stay at a ryokan in Miyajima
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hiroshima & Around, Miyajima, Iwakuni, Onomichi, Shimanami Kaidō Islands, Tomo-no-ura, Okayama & Around, Naoshima, Teshima, Shōdo-shima, Kurashiki, Kasaoka Islands, Matsue, Sakai Minato, Oki Islands, Daisen, Tottori, San-in Coast National Park, Izumo, Iwami Ginzan, Yamaguchi, Tsuwano, Hagi and Shimonoseki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.