Japan - Hiroshima & Western Honshu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hiroshima & Western Honshu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Japan guidebook.
Travellers to Western Honshu will find a tale of two coastlines. San-yo boasts warm-hearted Hiroshima, narrow-laned portside and hillside towns, ceramic history and the fast train. In San-in it’s all about an unhurried pace, onsen villages, historic sites, wind-battered coastlines and great hospitality.
- reflect on a tragic past in cosmopolitan Hiroshima
- marvel at the meeting of nature and contemporary art on Naoshima
- island-hop by bicycle via Shimanami Kaido to Shikoku
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hiroshima & Around, Miyajima, Saijo, Iwakuni, Onomichi, Inno-shima, Ikuchi-jima, Omi-shima, Okayama, Naoshima, Teshima, Shodo-shima, Kurashiki, Kasaoka Islands, Tomo-no-ura, Tottori, Shimane & the San’in Coast, Tottori, San-in Coast National Park, Daisen, Sakaiminato, Oki Islands, Matsue, Izumo, Iwami Ginzan, Yamagu-chi & Around, Tsuwano, Hagi, Shimonoseki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only. *Not available for newer titles
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.