This title is currently out of stock. Get the ebook for immediate delivery!
End of July is the expected in stock date.
Lonely Planet’s Japan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore over a thousand temples in old imperial capital Kyoto, relax in one of the onsens scattered across the archipelago, and sample the breadth of Japan’s sublime cuisine; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Japan Travel Guide:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- NEW top experiences feature - a visually inspiring collection of Japan’s best experiences and where to have them
- What's new feature taps into cultural trends and helps you find fresh ideas and cool new areas
- Pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Planning tools for family travellers - where to go, how to save money, plus fun stuff just for kids
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 150 maps
Covers Tokyo, Mt Fuji, The Japan Alps, Honshu, Kyoto, Kansai, Hiroshima, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Shiko-ku, Kyushu and Okinawa
Publication Date: December 2021
Writers: Rebecca Milner, Ray Bartlett, Andrew Bender, Samantha Forge, Craig McLachlan, Kate Morgan, Thomas O'Malley, Simon Richmond, Phillip Tang, Benedict Walker, Stephanie d'Arc Taylor
928 pages, 928pp color, 150 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: March 2024