Jamaica - South Coast & Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Coast & Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jamaica guidebook.
Southwest Jamaica feels like a clandestine paradise for the trickle of off-island visitors who make it this far. The region’s most notable sights – the Black River, YS Falls and the Appleton Rum Estate – are usually visited by day-trippers on organized excursions from resorts in Negril and Montego Bay.
- watch fisherfolk mend their nets and enjoy the slow pace of life in Jamaica’s premier bohemian destination, Treasure Beach
- frolic in the cool river pools or fly over the falls on a zip line at YS Falls
- croc-spot in the mangroves fringing Black River, Jamaica’s longest river, or tour the town’s historic monuments
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Treasure Beach & Around, Alligator Pond, Lovers’ Leap, Black River to Bluefields, Whitehouse, Bluefields & Belmont, Mandeville & Around, Mandeville, Mile Gully & Around, South Cockpit Country, Accompong, Santa Cruz, Troy & Around, Maggotty, Middle Quarters, Christiana.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.