Jamaica - Ocho Rios, Port Antonio & North Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ocho Rios, Port Antonio & North Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jamaica guidebook.
Ocho Rios dominates the north coast’s tourist scene, with everything from adventure activities to working plantations. Further east is rugged Portland with its forested mountains. From Port Antonio, you can explore beaches, or head into the mountains and rainforest for hiking and birdwatching.
- swim and climb Irie Blue Hole, one of Jamaica’s most exhilarating sets of waterfalls
- savor the jaw-dropping view from Firefly, author Noël Coward’s well-preserved former home
- explore Jamaican history from the Taínos to the sugar slave plantations at Seville Great House
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ocho Rios, Reggae Beach to Boscobel Beach, Oracabessa, Galina Point & Little Bay, St Ann’s Bay, Priory & Around, Runaway Bay, Discovery Bay, Brown’s Town, Nine Mile, Port Antonio, Port Antonio to Fairy Hill, Boston Bay, Long Bay, Manchioneal, Charles Town, Orange Bay, Robin’s Bay, Rio Grande Valley, Moore Town.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation