Jamaica - Kingston, Blue Mountains & Southeast Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kingston, Blue Mountains & Southeast Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jamaica guidebook.
Kingston is Jamaica’s beating heart. This is a city on the up and up, with a positive, go-ahead vibe. It’s the launchpad for some of the world’s most electrifying music, and sound systems still provide its essential soundtrack. It’s also the ideal base for exploring Jamaica’s southeast corner.
- delve into the life of Jamaica’s most revered contemporary heroes at the Bob Marley Museum, his former home and studio
- appreciate the vision of Jamaican artists at the internationally acclaimed National Gallery of Jamaica
- explore the renaissance of a downtown neighborhood through Lifeyard, an innovative art and permaculture project
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kingston & Around, Port Royal, Bull Bay, Hellshire Beach Recreation Area, May Pen & Around, Blue Mountains, Irish Town, Newcastle, Section & Clydesdale, Mavis Bank, Hagley Gap & Penlyne Castle, Southeast Coast, Morant Bay, Bath.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.