Italy's Best Trips - Southern Italy (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Italy chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy’s Best Trips guidebook.
Nature itself seems a little wilder in southern Italy, where a single landscape might encompass smoking volcanoes, fertile valleys, precipitous sea cliffs and cobalt waters. Away from Naples’ traffic-clogged roads, this is also perfect driving country.
- travel form the urban tumult of Naples to Pompeii’s buried mysteries on the Shadow of Vesuvius trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- sample raw beauty and exuberant cuisine on Campania’s dramatic coast on the Southern Larder trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- tour a stunning coastline of vertical landscapes and chic resort towns on the Amalfi Coast trip
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Shadow of Vesuvius, Southern Larder, Amalfi Coast, Cilento Coastal Trail, Puglia’s Pilgrim Trail, Valle d’Itria, Salento Surprises, Across the Lucanian Appenines, The Calabrian Wilderness.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.