Italy - Venice & the Veneto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Venice & the Veneto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Venice really needs no introduction. This incomparable union of art, architecture and la-goon-based living has been a fabled destination for centuries. No matter how many pictures you’ve seen, the reality is more surprising and romantic than you could ever imagine.
- finally realise what all the fuss is about in Venice, the extraordinary city of canals, churches and palaces
- gaze in awe at the Padua’s Cappella degli Scrovegni then kick back with the students in statue-lined Prato della Valle
- experience opera in Verona’s astonishing 1st-century amphitheatre, right in the heart of the city centre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Venice, The Veneto, Brenta Riviera, Padua, Verona, Valpolicella, Soave, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Asolo, Treviso, Conegliano, Belluno, Cortina d’Ampezzo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.