Italy - Venice & the Veneto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Venice & the Veneto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Venice really needs no introduction. This incomparable union of art, architecture and la-goon-based living has been a fabled destination for centuries. No matter how many photographs, films or paintings you’ve seen, the reality is more surprising than you could ever imagine.
- realise what all the fuss is about in Venice, extraordinary city of canals, churches and pal-aces
- gaze in awe at the Cappella degli Scrovegni, Padua’s answer to the Sistine Chapel
- enjoy the world’s finest open-air opera festival in Verona’s Roman amphitheatre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Venice & Around, Mestre, Treviso, Brenta Riviera, Padua, Colli Euganei, Verona, Verona’s Wine Country, Valpolicella, Soave, Vicenza, Prosecco Country, Bassano del Grappa, Asolo, Conegliano, Veneto Dolomites, Feltre, Belluno, Cortina d’Ampezzo, Cinque Torri.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.