Italy - Understand Italy and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, Italian Art & Architecture, The Italian Way of Life, Italy on Page & Screen, Directory A-Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, art and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the fashionable and fastidious Italian way of life
- info on the incestuous emperors, scheming popes and delusional dictator of Italy’s dra-matic history
- full coverage of Italy’s art and architecture, from Caravaggio to contemporary
- details on divine comedies to darling divas – Italy on page and screen
Coverage includes: History, Italian Art & Architecture, The Italian Way of Life, Italy on Page & Screen, Directory A-Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.