Italy - Umbria & Le Marche (PDF Chapter)
This is the Umbria & Le Marche chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
This phenomenally beautiful yet unsung region is Italy in microcosm: olive groves, vineyards, sun-ripened wheat fields stippled with wildflowers and hills plumed with cypress trees rolling gently west to the snow-dusted Apennines and east to the glittering Adriatic.
- make the spiritual pilgrimage in the footsteps of a peace-seeking saint to Assisi’s fres-co-peppered Unesco World Heritage cathedrals such as the Basilica di San Francesco
- swim, chill and eat just-caught shellfish by the Adriatic at some of Central Italy’s most gor-geous and wild beaches in the Parco del Conero
- savour towering views on a rickety ride up Monte Ingino aboard Gubbio’s soaring bird-cage-like cableway, the Funivia Colle Eletto
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Umbria, Perugia, Torgiano, Lago Trasimeno, Todi, As-sisi, Spello, Gubbio, Spoleto, Norcia & the Valnerina, Orvieto, Le Marche, Ancona, Parco del Conero, Urbino, Pesaro, Macerata, Ascoli Piceno, Sarnano.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.