Italy - Umbria & Le Marche (PDF Chapter)
This is the Umbria & Le Marche chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Swaths of billowing green slopes cloaked by olive groves and sun-ripened wheat fields, cas-tle-topped medieval towns and snow-capped Apennine peaks. No, not Tuscany but Umbria, its quieter and less-trodden neighbour, and Le Marche, one of Italy’s great unsung regions.
- gaze heavenwards at the extraordinary frescoes that adorn Assisi’s Basilica di San Fran-cesco
- revel in the magical seascapes of the glorious Parco del Conero
- take in world-famous Renaissance art at the Palazzo Ducale – Galleria Nazionale delle Marche in Urbino, home town of the artist Raphael
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Umbria, Perugia, Lago Trasimeno, Gubbio, Assisi, Spello, Spoleto, Norcia & the Valnerina, Torgiano, Todi, Orvieto, Le Marche, Ancona, Parco del Conero, Pesaro, Urbino, Macerata, Ascoli Piceno, Monti Sibillini National Park, Sarnano.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.