Italy - Turin, Piedmont & the Italian Riviera (PDF Chapter)
This is the Turin, Piedmont & the Italian Riviera chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
The beauty of northwestern Italy is its diversity. Turin is an elegant, easy city of baroque pal-aces, cutting-edge galleries and fabulous dining. To the south is Italy’s Riviera, the fabled port city of Genoa and the beguiling villages of Cinque Terre.
- explore the largest collection of Egyptian history outside of Cairo in the Museo Egizio
- discover the art and architecture of Genoa’s once-great maritime empire at the Palazzi dei Rolli
- discuss terroir, tannins and tenacity with some of the world’s most revered winemakers around Barolo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Italian Riviera, Genoa, Riviera di Levante, Cinque Terre, Golfo dei Poeti, Riviera di Ponente, Piedmont, Turin, The Langhe, The Milky Way, Cuneo, Limone Piemonte & the Maritime Alps, Varallo & the Valsesia, Valle d’Aosta, Aosta, Courmayeur, Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso, Valtournenche.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.