Italy - Trentino & South Tyrol (PDF Chapter)
This is the Trentino & South Tyrol chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guide-book.
Home to the spectacular sawtoothed Dolomites, the semi-autonomous provinces of Trentino and South Tyrol are packed with stunning landscapes. The region has long enticed hikers, climbers, poets and fresh-air fanciers.
- work up a high-altitude appetite on the slopes of Sella Ronda, then hitting the fine-dining hot spots of Alta Badia
- ride across the enchanting high pastures of the Alpe di Siusi on a pretty horse
- test your mettle on a vertiginous, historic via ferrata climb in the Brenta Dolomites
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Trentino, Trento, Rovereto, Brenta Dolomites, South Tyrol (Südtirol), Bolzano (Bozen), Südtiroler Weinstrasse, Merano (Meran), Parco Nazionale Del-lo Stelvio, The Dolomites, Val di Fiemme, Val di Fassa, Val Gardena, Alpe di Siusi & Parco Natu-rale Sciliar-Catinaccio, Val Badia & Alpe di Fanes, Val Pusteria (Pustertal), Brunico (Bruneck), Bressanone (Brixen).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.