Italy - Sardinia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sardinia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Where else but on this 365-village, four-million-sheep island could you travel from shimmer-ing bays to near-alpine forests, granite peaks to snow-white beaches, rolling vineyards to one-time bandit towns – all in the space of a day?
- walk on the wild side in Sardinia’s most spectacular gorge, Gola Su Gorropu
- feel the lure of the sea on the windswept beaches of Costa Verde, Sardinia’s southwest coast
- wander the medieval backstreets of Cagliari’s rocky citadel, Il Castello
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cagliari & Around, Southwestern Sardinia, Iglesias, Costa Verde, Oristano & the West, Oristano, Tharros & the Sinis Peninsula, Bosa, Alghero & the Northwest, Alghero, Riviera del Corallo, Stintino & Isola dell’Asinara, Sassari, Olbia, The Costa Smeralda & Gallura, Olbia, Costa Smeralda & Around, Santa Teresa di Gallura, Palau & Arcipel-ago di La Maddalena, Eastern Sardinia, Nuoro, Supramonte, Golfo di Orosei.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.