Italy - Rome & Lazio (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rome & Lazio chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Rome has been mesmerising travellers for millennia and still today it casts a powerful spell. It’s home to some of the world’s most celebrated masterpieces and its romantic cityscape, piled high with haunting ruins and iconic monuments, is achingly beautiful.
- get your first spine-tingling glimpse of Rome’s great gladiatorial arena, the Colosseum
- marvel at Michelangelo’s legendary Sistine Chapel frescoes in the heart of the Vatican Museums
- gaze heavenwards in the extraordinary Pantheon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Lazio.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.