Italy - Puglia, Basilicata & Calabria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Puglia, Basilicata & Calabria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guide-book.
The Italian boot’s heel (Puglia), instep (Basilicata) and toe (Calabria) are where ‘Mezzogiorno’ (southern Italy) shows all its throbbing intensity. Long stereotyped as the poorer, more passionate cousins of Italy’s sophisticated northerners, these regions are finally being appreciated for their true richness.
- marvel at the contrast between miserable caves and soaring cathedrals in the ancient city of Matera
- learn to love the flowery excesses of Lecce’s baroque architecture
- eat the best of the Mediterranean diet in Valle d’Itria’s gorgeous hilltowns
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Puglia, Bari & Around, Promontorio del Gargano, Isole Tremiti, Valle d’Itria, Salento, Basilicata, Matera, Metaponto, Potenza, Appennino Lucano, Veno-sa, Basilicata’s Western Coast, Calabria, Northern Tyrrhenian Coast, Cosenza, Parco Nazionale della Sila, Ionian Coast, Parco Nazionale dell’Aspromonte, Reggio di Calabria, Southern Tyrrhenian Coast.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.