Italy - Naples & Campania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Naples & Campania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Campania is a rich ragù of Arabesque street life, decadent palaces, pastel-hued villages and aria-inspiring vistas. It offers a plethora of options, from horse-riding the slopes of Mt Vesuvius to sailing the Amalfi Coast and soaking in thermal waters on Ischia.
- channel the ancients on the ill-fated streets of Pompeii
- be bewitched by Capri’s ethereal blue cave, Grotta Azzurra
- walk with the gods on the Amalfi Coast on the Sentieri degli Dei
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Naples & Around, Herculaneum (Ercolano), Mt Vesu-vius, Pompeii, Sorrento, The Islands, Capri, Ischia, Procida, The Amalfi Coast, Positano, Nocelle, Praiano, Amalfi, Ravello, Salerno & the Cilento, Salerno, Cilento Coast, Parco Nazionale del Ci-lento e Vallo di Diano.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.