Italy - Milan & the Lakes (PDF Chapter)
This is the Milan & the Lakes chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Wedged between the Alps and the Po valley, the glacial lakes of Lombardy were formed at the end of the last ice age, and have been a popular holiday spot since Roman times. At the re-gion’s heart is Milan, Italy’s second-largest metropolis.
- ponder the power of Leonardo da Vinci’s ageless painting, The Last Supper
- climb Milan’s marble Duomo for views of spires and flying buttresses
- discover the modernists who shaped Milan at the Museo del Novecento
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Milan & Around, Monza, The Lakes, Lake Maggiore & Around, Lake Orta, Lake Como & Around, Lake Iseo, Lake Garda & Around, The Po Plain, Ber-gamo, Brescia, Mantua, Cremona.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.