Italy - Friuli Venezia Giulia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Friuli Venezia Giulia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
With its triple-barrelled moniker, Friuli Venezia Giulia’s multifaceted nature should come as no surprise. Cultural complexity is cherished in this small, little-visited region, tucked away on Italy’s far northeastern borders with Austria and Slovenia.
- commune with the literary ghosts in extraordinary Trieste
- be enthralled by the extraordinary 4th-century mosaic floors of the Basilica di Santa Maria Assunta in Aquileia
- relax Udinese-style, with late-night wine and frico (fried cheese) at Frasca di Citta
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Trieste, Il Carso, Gorizia, Palmanova, The Friulian Coast, Udine, Cividale del Friuli, San Daniele del Friuli, The Carnic Alps, The Giulie Alps.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.