Italy - Florence & Tuscany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Florence & Tuscany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Florence and Tuscany are the perfect introduction to Italy’s famed dolce vita. Life is sweet around Florence, a fashionable city known for its truly extraordinary treasure trove of world-class art and architecture, and its seasonally driven cuisine.
- swoon over Florence’s treasures: the world’s finest collection of Renaissance paintings at the Uffizi and the dome of Brunelleschi’s Duomo
- pedal and picnic atop stone walls encircling Lucca
- get lost in medieval Pisa and scaling its iconic Leaning Tower at sunset
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Florence, Central Tuscany, Siena, Chianti, San Gimignano, Volterra, Val d’Orcia, Montepulciano, Southern Tuscany, Massa Marittima, Città del Tufo, Central Coast & Elba, Livorno, Isola d’Elba, Northwestern Tuscany, Pisa, Lucca, Pietrasan-ta, Eastern Tuscany, Arezzo, Sansepolcro, Cortona.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.