*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Italy - Abruzzo & Molise (PDF Chapter)
This is the Abruzzo & Molise chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Bisected by the Apennine mountains, Abruzzo and Molise make up Italy’s forgotten quarter, blessed more with natural attractions than cultural colossi. Dotted in the midst of a swath of na-tional parks are some of Italy’s most unspoilt, picturesque mountain villages.
- keep an eye out for rare Marsican bears while hiking in the fabulous wilderness of the Parco Nazionale d’Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise
- pace the wildflower-strewn foundations of one of Italy’s most complete provincial Roman towns, Saepinum
- join the passeggiatta (evening stroll) to scope out which Abruzzese trattoria you’ll eat in that night, in Sulmona
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Abruzzo, Parco Nazionale del Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga, Sulmona, Parco Nazionale della Majella, Scanno, Parco Nazionale d’Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise, Pescara, Chieti, Vasto & Around, Molise, Campobasso, Isernia, Termoli.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.