Italy - Abruzzo & Molise (PDF Chapter)
This is the Abruzzo & Molise chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italy guidebook.
Bisected by the spinal Apennine mountains, Abruzzo and Molise make up Italy’s forgotten quarter, blessed more with natural attractions than cultural colossi. Dotted in their midst are some of Italy’s most unspoiled mountain villages.
- keep an eye out for rare Marsican bears while hiking in the fabulous Parco Nazionale d’Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise
- pace the wildflower-strewn foundations of one of Italy’s most complete provincial Roman towns, Saepinum
- join the passeggiata (evening stroll) in Sulmona to scope out which Abruzzese trattoria you’ll eat in next
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Abruzzo, Parco Nazionale del Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga, Sulmona, L’Aquila, Parco Nazionale della Majella, Scanno, Parco Nazionale d’Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise, Pescara, Chieti, Vasto & Around, Molise, Isernia, Termoli.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.