Italian Lakes Road Trips - The Graceful Italian Lakes Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is The Graceful Italian Lakes chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italian Lakes Road Trips guidebook.
Dramatically ringed by snow-powdered mountains and garlanded by grand villas and exotic, tropical flora, the Italian Lakes have been a popular holiday spot since Roman times, and more recently lauded by writers from Goethe to Hemingway.
- catch the scents of Bellagio, bounded by classic gardens brimming with camellias
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- shop for silken souvenirs in elegant Como
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- escape the car and get active canyoning, climbing or mountain biking
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Stresa, Verbania, Cannobio, Varese, Como, Bellagio, Tremezzo, Varenna, Bergamo, Milan, Lago Maggiore, Lago d’Orta, Lago di Como, Lago di Garda, Brescia, Mantua and Cremona.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.