*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Italian Lakes Road Trips - The Graceful Italian Lakes Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is The Graceful Italian Lakes chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italian Lakes Road Trips guidebook.
Dramatically ringed by snow-powdered mountains and garlanded by grand villas and exotic, tropical flora, the Italian Lakes have been a popular holiday spot since Roman times, and more recently lauded by writers from Goethe to Hemingway.
- catch the scents of Bellagio, bounded by classic gardens brimming with camellias
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- shop for silken souvenirs in elegant Como
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- escape the car and get active canyoning, climbing or mountain biking
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Stresa, Verbania, Cannobio, Varese, Como, Bellagio, Tremezzo, Varenna, Bergamo, Milan, Lago Maggiore, Lago d’Orta, Lago di Como, Lago di Garda, Brescia, Mantua and Cremona.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.