*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Italian Lakes Road Trips - Roof of Italy Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Roof of Italy chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italian Lakes Road Trips guidebook.
Tracing the foothills of the Orobie Alps and the high passes of Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio, the borderlands of northern Italy offer up stunning wildernesses, stupendous scenery and warm welcomes in wooden farmhouses.
- sip your way through the steeply terraced vineyards of the Valtellina
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stretch car-weary legs in Northern Italy’s largest national park
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- marvel at Rovereto’s world-class contemporary art collection
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Alto Lario, the Valtellina, Bormio, Merano (Meran), Castel Firmiano, Trento, Rovereto, Trentino, Bolzano (Bozen), Valtellina and Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.