Italian Lakes Road Trips - Northern Cities Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Cities chapter from Lonely Planet’s Italian Lakes Road Trips guidebook.
The Po valley, with its waving fields of corn and rice paddies, hosts some of Italy’s most handsome and prosperous towns, from Milan and Bergamo in the west to Verona and Venice in the east.
- explore the drama and intrigue of Venice’s Palazzo Ducale
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- indulge in frescoes and fine dining in Mantua
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- shout ‘Brava!’ for opera diva encores at the Arena in Verona
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Cremona, Mantua, Verona, Padua and Venice.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.