Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Istanbul - Western Districts (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
It’s a great shame that so few visitors head to this fascinating part of town. Try to dedicate at least one day of your stay to exploring the area; two would be better.
- admire the mosaics and frescoes adorning the interior of one of İstanbul’s Byzantine treasures, Kariye Museum
- take a ferry up the Golden Horn to visit the Eyüp Sultan Mosque and enjoy the hilltop view from the terrace of Pierre Loti Café
- visit the Patriarchal Church of St George, one of Turkey’s major pilgrimage destinations, and wander up nearby Vodina Caddesi for a glimpse of Fener and Balat’s neighbourhood life
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.