*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Istanbul - Sultanahmet & Around (PDF Chapter)
With so many significant monuments and museums in close proximity, devising an itinerary helps to make the most of your time. You’ll need at least three days (four or five would be better) to do the neighbourhood justice.
- stand beneath the magnificent dome of Aya Sofya and imagine what it would have been like to attend a candlelit service in the greatest of all Byzantine churches
- uncover the secrets of the Harem in the opulent Topkap? Palace complex, which evokes the exotic, savage, Game of Thrones–like customs of the Ottoman court
- gaze up at the six minarets and many domes of the Blue Mosque, an Ottoman masterpiece
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.