*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Istanbul - Day Trips from Istanbul (PDF Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Istanbul and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include The Bosphorus and The Golden Horn.
- running from the Galata Bridge all the way to the Black Sea (Karadeniz), 32km northeast, the mighty Bosphorus Strait has been İstanbul’s major thoroughfare ever since classical times
- the stretch of water to the northwest of the Galata Bridge, the Golden Horn offers visitors a glimpse into the suburbs and lifestyles of working-class İstanbul. Get here before it gentrifies
- a favourite day-trip destination for İstanbullus, the Adalar Islands (Princes’ Islands) lie in the Sea of Marmara, about 20km southeast of the city. Come here to escape the sensory overload of the big smoke
Coverage includes: The Bosphorus, The Golden Horn and Princes’ Islands.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 3 for 2 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.