Istanbul - Beyoglu (PDF Chapter)
If you only have one day, start in Taksim Meydanı and work your way down İstiklal Caddesi, exploring the Balık Pazarı, heading into Tepebaşı to visit the Pera Museum and then making your way through Galata and down to Karaköy.
- visit cultural institutions such as Arter art gallery to see why İstanbul is now acknowledged as having one of the world’s most exciting visual-art scenes
- see dervishes whirl in a 15th-century semahane (whirling-dervish hall) at Galata Mevlevi Museum
- admire Orhan Pamuk’s ambitious and thought-provoking conceptual art project at the Museum of Innocence
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.