Istanbul - Besiktas, Nisantasi & Ortakoy (PDF Chapter)
This part of town has the largest concentration of Ottoman palaces and pavilions in İstanbul. Start at Dolmabahçe Palace and then walk or bus your way down to the Palace Collections Museum, İstanbul Naval Museum and Yıldız Park.
- get a glimpse into the public and private lives of the last Ottoman sultans in the supremely ornate Dolmabahçe Palace
- wander the streets surrounding the waterside meydan (square) of the former fishing village Ortaköy and admire its spectacular view of the Bosphorus Bridge
- admire the fleet of 19th-century imperial caïques (ornately decorated wooden rowboats) in the copper-clad exhibition hall of the Istanbul Naval Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.