Israel & the Palestinian Territories - The Negev (PDF Chapter)
This is the Negev chapter from Lonely Planet’s Israel & the Palestinian Territories guidebook.
The Negev is the only part of Israel that feels vast and boundless. Stretching from the Red Sea north for 250km, the region’s rocky, treeless hills and dry gullies have been attracting travel-lers, traders and nomads since the time of Abraham.
- explore the ruins of a Nabataean Incense Route city, Avdat
- hike through a desert wadi to natural springs, pools and waterfalls in En Avdat National Park
- sample boutique wines grown in the Negev Highlands on the Ramat Hanegev Wine Route
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Be’er Sheva, Negev Highlands, Mitzpe Ramon, The Arava, Eilat.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation