Israel & the Palestinian Territories - Tel Aviv - Jaffa (Yafo) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tel Aviv-Jaffa (Yafo) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Israel & the Palestinian Territories guidebook.
Tel Aviv could not be more different to its older sibling, Jerusalem. Modern, vibrant and cos-mopolitan: hedonism is the main religion in this hip, bustling Mediterranean ‘Manhattan’. In He-brew, the name means ‘Hill of Spring’, and has an air of perpetual renewal.
- join swimmers, sunbathers and beach volleyballers on the sands of Gordon Beach
- investigate the bohemian bars and Arabic antiques of Jaffa Flea Market
- contemplate impressionist masterpieces and cutting-edge contemporary artworks at Tel Aviv Museum of Art
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Tel Aviv.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Israel & the Palestinian Territories - Understand Israel & the Palestinian Territories and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)