Israel & the Palestinian Territories - Lower Galilee & Sea of Galilee (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lower Galilee & Sea of Galilee chapter from Lonely Planet’s Israel & the Palestinian Territories guidebook.
Blessed with rugged hills cloaked in wildflowers in spring, archaeological sites from the early centuries of Christianity and ancient stone synagogues, the Lower Galilee is hugely popular with hikers, cyclists, Israeli families (both Jewish and Arab) on holiday, epicureans and, of course, Christian pilgrims.
- visit an area believed to be one of the focal points of Jesus’s ministry at Capernaum
- dine in the Arab-fusion restaurants of the Galilee’s culinary capital, Nazareth
- identify the Zodiac signs, Jewish symbols and biblical personages depicted on the mosaic floor of Beit Alpha Synagogue
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nazareth, Kafr Kana, Tzipori, Mt Tabor Area, Jezreel & Beit She’an Valleys, Tiberias, Sea of Galilee, Northwestern Shore, Eastern Shore, Southwestern Shore.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation