Israel & the Palestinian Territories - Jerusalem (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jerusalem chapter from Lonely Planet’s Israel & the Palestinian Territo-ries guidebook.
Jerusalem’s Old City is a spiritual lightning rod, sacred to Jews, Muslims and Christians. Wide-eyed with awe, pilgrims flood into the walled city to worship at locations linked to the very foundation of their faith.
- gaze at the architectural magnificence on Temple Mount/Al Haram Ash Sharif, a site sacred to Muslims and Jews
- feel the spiritual power of Judaism’s holiest prayer site, the Western Wall
- marvel at the soaring vaults and candlelit chapels in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, one of Christianity’s most sacred shrines
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Jerusalem, Abu Ghosh, Latrun, Neot Kedumim, Soreq Cave, Beit Guvrin-Maresha National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.