Israel & the Palestinian Territories - Haifa & the North Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Haifa & the North Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Israel & the Palestinian Territories guidebook.
On Israel’s north coast, sandy beaches run parallel to the cobalt-blue Mediterranean, luring surfers and sunbathers to their breezy shores. The largest city is Haifa, a spirited port with a mixed Jewish and Arab population – home to the region’s star sight, the Baha’i Gardens.
- marvel at perfectly groomed Baha’i Gardens, which tumble down towards the Mediterra-nean
- explore vaulted halls and hidden tunnels left by the Crusaders in the walled seaside city of Akko
- feel lulled by the rise and fall of the sea within gleaming limestone grottoes at Rosh HaNi-kra
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Haifa, Daliyat Al Karmel, Carmelite Monastery of St Elijah, Ein Hod & Ayn Hawd, Atlit, Zichron Ya’akov, Mey Kedem, Caesarea, Akko (Acre), Kibbutz Lohamei HaGeta’ot, Nahariya & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.