Israel & the Palestinian Territories travel guide
At the intersection of Asia, Europe and Africa – both geographically and culturally – Israel and the Palestinian Territories have been a meeting place of cultures, empires and religions since history began. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Israel & the Palestinian Territories, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Israel & the Palestinian Territories is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk amongst the ruins of ancient Jericho; take an early morning walk up to the Temple Mount for a breathtaking view of the Dome of the Rock; float in the briny waters of the Dead Sea; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Israel & the Palestinian Territories and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Israel & the Palestinian Territories:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 53 maps
Coverage Includes: Jerusalem, Tel Aviv-Jaffa, Haifa & the North Coast, Lower Galilee & Sea of Galilee, Upper Galilee & Golan, West Bank, The Gaza Strip, The Dead Sea, The Negev, Petra