Ireland's Best Trips - Galway & the West of Ireland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Galway & the West of Ireland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland’s Best Trips guidebook.
Little wonder the west of Ireland is top of most must-see lists. Routes through Mayo offer wild, romantic beauty, without the crowds. Road tripping in timeless Connemara reveals one of Eu-rope’s most stunning corners, with intriguing villages, white beaches and tawny bogs.
- embark on the ultimate tour of Ireland’s west westerly sights
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- take a ride down County Clare’s hottest trad music spots
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- tour Connemara’s wilderness and cultivated villages
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Best of the West, Musical Landscapes, Mountains & Moors, Loughs of the West, North Mayo & Sligo, Sligo Surrounds, County Clare.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.