Ireland's Best Trips - Dublin & Eastern Ireland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dublin & Eastern Ireland Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland’s Best Trips guidebook.
A spider’s web of roads – from motorways to winding rural routes – spreads from Dublin’s city centre and will lead you to multiple delights, all within easy reach of the capital.
- cut across central Ireland from the cosmopolitan capital to the wilds of Connemara
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- go from prehistoric monuments to bloody battlefields on the Boyne Valley trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- embark on a four-day marathon to explore 4000 years of Irish history, right back to the beginning
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: East to West, the Boyne Valley, Ancient Ireland, Monasteries, Mountains & Mansions, Wicklow Mountains, Carlow Back Roads, Kilkenny’s Treasures, Wexford & Waterford, Blackwater Valley Drive, Family Fun.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.