Ireland's Best Trips - Belfast & the North of Ireland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Belfast & the North of Ireland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland’s Best Trips guidebook.
Ireland’s north is made for road trips. Routes swoop from hard, stark hills to soft, sandy shores, and cliff-clinging roads snake into wild lands peppered with loughs, glens and bogs.
- link big cities, big-name sights, hidden beaches and tiny islands on an epic drive around the north
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- sample the best of the northwest on a tour through Donegal: brooding mountains, exquisite beaches, boat trips and tradition
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- embark on an off-the-map adventure, compelling for its heritage, scenery and sheer sense of space, on the Inishowen Peninsula
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: The North in a Nutshell, Delights of Donegal, Inishowen Peninsula, Northwest on Adrenalin, From Bangor to Derry, The Antrim Coast.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.