Ireland - Understand Ireland and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, The Irish Way of Life, Music, Literary Ireland, Irish Landscapes, Sporting Ireland, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, music, literary traditions to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, LGBT+ travel, accessible travel, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the Irish way of life – discover what’s cliché and what’s a fact
- info on Ireland’s rich musical heritage and history, up to the present day
- full coverage of Ireland’s famous landscapes, including jagged coasts and hill walks
- details on the complex and chequered history of Ireland from Celts to the Troubles
Coverage includes: History, The Irish Way of Life, Music, Literary Ireland, Irish Landscapes, Sporting Ireland, Directory A–Z, Transport.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation