Ireland - Understand Ireland and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Ireland Today, History, The Irish Way of Life, Music, Literary Ireland, Irish Landscapes, Sporting Ireland, Directory A–Z and Transport chapters from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, traditional and folk music, Gaelic football and Hurling, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on popular sports in Ireland including football and road bowling
- info on the Irish way of life
- full coverage of literary Ireland, from myths to the contemporary scene
- details on the cliffs and stones, mountains and forests and the Irish landscape
Coverage includes: Ireland Today, History, The Irish Way of Life, Music, Literary Ireland, Irish Landscapes, Sporting Ireland, Directory A–Z and Transport.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Understand Scotland's Highlands & Islands & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)