Ireland - Dublin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dublin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
A small capital with a huge reputation, Dublin’s mix of heritage and hedonism won’t disappoint. Beyond the city limits, County Dublin’s villages have, for the most part, retained their distinct character despite being largely absorbed into the suburban conurbation.
- take in the Book of Kells and stunning Old Library on the grounds of Trinity College
- bask in the glow of the magnificent Chester Beatty Collection
- explore layers of Dublin’s history in the restored Georgian buildings on Henrietta Street
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Malahide, Dalkey, Howth.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.