Ireland - County Kerry (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Kerry chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Kerry contains some of Ireland’s most iconic scenery: surf-pounded sea cliffs and soft golden strands, emerald-green farmland criss-crossed by tumbledown stone walls, mist-shrouded bogs and cloud-torn mountain peaks. Stop off in between in cosy pubs and colourful shops.
- explore the Killarney Lakes and starkly beautiful Gap of Dunloe by boat and bike
- hike to the 1040m summit of Ireland’s highest peak, Carrauntoohil
- drive the famously scenic Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula loops
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Killarney, Aghadoe, Killarney National Park, Gap of Dunloe, Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, Moll’s Gap, Ring of Kerry, Killorglin, Cahersiveen, Valentia Island, Portmagee, Skellig Ring, Waterville, Caherdaniel, Sneem, Kenmare, Dingle Peninsula, Inch Strand, Annascaul, Dingle Town, Slea Head Drive, Blasket Islands, Cloghane, Castlegregory, Tralee, Listowel, Ballybunion.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.