Ireland - County Kerry (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Kerry chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Killarney spills over with colourful shops, restaurants, and pubs loud with spirited trad music. County Kerry contains some of Ireland’s most iconic scenery: surf-pounded sea cliffs and soft golden strands, emerald-green farmland criss-crossed by tumbledown stone walls, and cloud-torn mountain peaks.
- explore the Killarney Lakes and starkly beautiful Gap of Dunloe by boat and bike
- hike to the 1040m summit of Carrauntoohil, Ireland’s highest peak
- sway on Ireland’s longest rope bridge in glorious Kells Bay House & Gardens
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Killarney & Around, Aghadoe, Killarney National Park, Gap of Dunloe, Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, Moll’s Gap, Ring of Kerry, Killorglin, Cahersiveen, Valen-tia Island, Portmagee, Skellig Ring, Waterville, Caherdaniel, Sneem, Kenmare, Dingle Peninsula, Inch Strand & Annascaul, Dingle Town, Slea Head Drive, Blasket Islands, Connor Pass, Cloghane & Around, Castlegregory & Around, Northern Kerry, Tralee, Listowel, Ballybunion.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.