Ireland - County Galway (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Galway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Galway’s exuberant city is a swirl of colourful shop-lined streets with buskers, trad pubs and fine cuisine. Iconic, rugged scenery lies outside Galway, along the breathtaking Connemara Peninsula and Aran Islands – desolate and windswept, steeped in history and tradition.
- catch high-spirited trad sessions in atmospheric pubs in Galway city
- ponder the ruins of prehistoric fort Dun Aengus on Inishmore
- visit ancient holy sites and springs, plus a famous shipwreck, on the Arans’ smallest island Inisheer
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Galway City, Aran Islands, Inishmore, Inishmaan, Inisheer, Connemara, Oughterard, Lough Inagh Valley, Roundstone, Clifden, Cleggan, Inishbofin, Letterfrack, Leenane, Killary Harbour, Kinvara, Athenry, Gort.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.