Ireland - County Cork (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Cork chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Ireland’s second city offers a thriving metropolis made glorious by surrounding lush landscape dotted with villages that promise languor and idyll. Outside culturally thriving Cork city, you’ll pass inlets along eroded coastlines and perfectly charming old fishing towns and villages.
- revel in Cork’s brilliant selection of restaurants, pubs, music and theatre
- hike out to the tip of windswept and wonderfully remote Sheep’s Head Peninsula
- catch a culinary demonstration or take a cookery class at Ballymaloe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cork City, Blarney Castle, Fota Island, Cobh, Midleton, Youghal, Kinsale, Clonakilty, Glandore, Union Hall, Skibbereen, Baltimore, Cape Clear Island, Mizen Head Peninsula, Schull, Mizen Head, Sheep’s Head Peninsula, Bantry, Beara Peninsula, Glengarriff, Castletownbere, Dursey Island, Allihies, Lauragh.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.