Ireland - County Clare (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Clare chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Clare combines spectacular landscapes and vibrant culture. Along the coast, the waves are a magnet for surfers. Explore the moonscape-like limestone expanse of the Burren, which blazes with wildflowers in spring. And Clare has got soul: traditional music flourishes here.
- join in with the locals at spirited trad sessions in age-old inns
- board a late-afternoon boat to see Clare’s iconic Cliffs of Moher near Doolin
- drive the peninsula’s narrow roads to the headland at Loop Head
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ennis, Dysert O’Dea, Dromore Wood, Craggaunowen, Quin, Shannon Airport, Bunratty, Killaloe, Ballina, Mountshannon, Kilrush, Loop Head Peninsula, Kilkee, Ennistimon, Liscannor, Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Doolin, Lisdoonvarna, Kilfenora, Corofin, Fanore.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation