Ireland - Counties Wicklow & Kildare (PDF Chapter)
This is the Counties Wicklow & Kildare chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Head to Wicklow, to the south of Dublin, for mountains and valleys, dotted with historical treasures, including Glendalough. Or west to Kildare, known as horse country, for some of the world’s most lucrative stud farms and great golf courses.
- step back in time at Glendalough, an evocative and scenic early-Christian monastic site
- admire Italianate gardens, glorious views and Ireland’s highest waterfall at Powerscourt
- take a tour at Ireland’s most impressive Palladian mansion, Castletown House
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Wicklow Mountains, Bray, Greystones, Wicklow Town, Rathdrum, Avoca, Blessington, County Kildare, Kildare Town, The Curragh, Maynooth, Ballitore, Moone, Castledermot.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.